Thursday, October 25, 2012

a very bad thing happened: a 5-year FLASHBACK blog!


(Originally posted October 25, 2007)

This morning I was all about cooking up some EGGS with cheese and tomatoes and jalapenos and sausage and maybe a bagel with some butter, kind of a perfect breakfast except I didn't have any potatoes around to make home fries but oh well, but then there was a BAD INCIDENT which was that I cracked an egg and the clear part of the egg quickly glooped out and landed on the stove and inside and UNDERNEATH the burner.

As you might imagine I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK."

The whole cooking process had to be shut down so I could take off the stove top and clean it out.  There was a lot of burnt up macaroni and some other debris in there so I cleaned that out as well and I didn't wind up getting to eat breakfast until it was technically the afternoon.  Now my day is all screwed up and I have to eat lunch at 4 o'clock.

Another bad accident that happened once was when I was trying to hold the TV remote and a big glass of beer in the same hand and somehow the remote flipped out of my hand and toppled into the glass.  Kind of hard to picture but trust me it happened.  So again I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" (even longer and louder because this was potentially a more expensive disaster, remotes cost much more than eggs) but GUESS WHAT?  I took everything apart and dried out all the pieces and put it all back together and it still worked.  True story.

So my message today is BE CAREFUL and WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING.  Don't lock your keys in your car or bang your knee on the car really hard while trying to slide on the hood all cool like on Dukes of Hazzard.

Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment